[SIGCIS-Members] List reminders: Links are OK, digest is available

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Mon May 19 07:48:18 PDT 2014

Dag is confused. SIGCIS welcomes links, but bars large attachments because
they don't archive, don't go in the digest version of the email, and are not
something that everyone on the list would want chewing up their time and
bandwidth. Again, links cause none of these problems and are fine.

Every now and then we have a flurry of emails to the list. So I also want to
remind those who would prefer their history of computing discussion
compartmentalized rather than periodically flaring up to dominate their
inbox that our mail management system allows mail to be dispatched in a once
a day digest format. Just log in at
http://sigcis.org/mailman/listinfo/members (you should receive an email
every month reminding you of your login details and subscription options)
and change the format option.

Tom