[SIGCIS-Members] No large attachments allowed on the list (sorry Paul)

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Mon Mar 24 09:00:33 PDT 2014

Hello Paul and SIGCIS members,

Our list is set with a maximum message size of 200KB, and attachments are in
general frowned upon. This is for two reasons. First, we have over 300
members and not all of them are interested enough in any specific topic to
force large attachments into their mailboxes, which can be a problem when
people are on slower links or receiving messages wirelessly with limited
data plans. Second, attachments do not archive or work for digest mode
subscribers.

The document does sound very interesting, and I urge Paul to upload it
somewhere like Dropbox. The URL for the download can then be shared to all
members, and will work correctly in the archive and digest versions of the
list.

Full list policies at http://www.sigcis.org/node/14.