[SIGCIS-Members] History of computing/information at BHC in Frankfurt, March 13-15

Andrew Russell arussell at stevens.edu
Wed Mar 12 06:10:00 PDT 2014

Hello everyone -

The annual meeting of the Business History Conference is this weekend (March 13-15) in Frankfurt, Germany, and there are a number of SIGCIS-related papers on the program—too many for me to list individually!

The program is available at http://www.thebhc.org/annmeet/program14.html, and the history of computing and information is featured on a wide array of panels, including:
- “Corporate Social Responsibility and its Antecedents”
- "Business and Wartime Patriotism”
- “Investors, Creditors, and Information”
- “Historicizing ‘Open Source’"
- “Exploiting the Information Revolution”
- "IBM and the Evolution of Corporate Virtue”
- "Reassessing Shareholder Value"
- “Gambling and Gaming”
- “Standardization and its Discontents”
- “IBM and Technological Nationalism”

On the website you will find many paper abstracts available, as well.

For those of you who will be attending the conference in Frankfurt: we don’t have any SIGCIS events planned, but I’m hopeful that many of us will meet informally at the Presidential reception on Thursday night, and/or the Emerging Scholars reception on Friday night.

See you in Frankfurt!

Andy