[SIGCIS-Members] Firsts... the historiographical "F-Bomb"

B. Randell Brian.Randell at ncl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 27 07:28:55 PDT 2014

Hi Bill:

My not-altogether serious scenario is, I agree, unlikely - with the possible exception of Turing-related topics, given the amazing amount of worldwide publicity and activity that was generated for Alan Turing Year!

Indeed I would suggest that the whole ATY activity is perhaps worthy of a (single) thesis - albeit in sociology :-)

But being serious for the moment, establishing the order in which things happened is often very useful in helping to rule out conjectured cause-effect relationships, e.g. in accident investigations - this happens to be a research topic I'm investigating at present.

Cheers

Brian