[SIGCIS-Members] in memoriam heinz zemanek

mariann unterluggauer mariann at nomatic.org
Thu Jul 17 11:31:23 PDT 2014

On Jul 17, 2014, at 4:44 PM, Helena Durnova <hdurnova at ped.muni.cz> wrote:

> Dear Mariann (I hope I may?),

sure, no problem.

> thank you for sharing the news. I assume your interviews are then in German? Are they /Will they be available? Apologies if this is a stupid question…

no, not at all. i will produce a special tribute to heinz zemanek for the austrian national broadcasting corporation for our  weekend computer magazine, and can  put the file  on my server afterwards, if you are interested.

> I did an interview with Heinz Zemanek back in 2008, on matters of communication between the East and the West. It was a very pleasant encounter.

he mentions a little bit of that in a talk he gave 2009. would be interesting to hear more, as i only know some east/west stories from  the networking chaps in vienna, and the iiasa.
all the best,
mariann