[SIGCIS-Members] Cool Code, Bro: Brogrammers, Geek Anxiety and the New Tech Elite

Marie Hicks mhicks1 at iit.edu
Wed Jul 2 02:59:10 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Journalist Nick Parish recently published an e-book on privilege, sexism,
and heteronormativity in high tech called: *Cool Code, Bro: Brogrammers,
Geek Anxiety and the New Tech Elite.* His e-book is free to download
through July 3rd. Full disclosure: I was interviewed by Parish for this
work, which how I know about it:
http://www.amazon.com/Cool-Code-Bro-Brogrammers-Anxiety-ebook/dp/B00L9NO4DQ

If you're interested in reading some of the stuff Parish references, but
don't have time for the whole e-book, I've highlighted a couple of good
ones, including Kate Losse and Sapna Cheryan, in this blog post:
http://mariehicks.net/blog/?p=544

Best,

Marie
Marie Hicks, Ph.D.