[SIGCIS-Members] Query re. readings on global history of computing

christina dunbar-hester c.dunbarhester at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 17:07:35 PST 2014

Less historical, but I am wondering if Ulf Mellstrom and Vivian
Lagesen's work on computing in Malaysia may be of interest.

Lagesen, Vivian.  A Cyberfeminist Utopia? : Perceptions of Gender and
Computer Science among Malaysian Women Computer Science Students and
Faculty. Science Technology Human Values 2008 33: 5

Ulf Mellström. The Intersection of Gender, Race and Cultural
Boundaries, or Why is Computer Science in Malaysia Dominated by Women?
 Social Studies of Science 2009; 39; 885

**
Christina Dunbar-Hester
Author of Low Power to the People, MIT Press