[SIGCIS-Members] Laine Nooney on Softporn Adventure in the Atlantic

Laine Nooney laine.nooney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 17:06:17 PST 2014

Actually, the woman you marry winds up tying you to a bed, stealing your
money and leaving you. The "final girl"/true love, who appears later, is
named Eve and requires nothing but an apple (such are the jokes of the
Apple II world).

I thought alot about the listservs recent discussions re: journalism vs.
academia while writing this piece. It was certainly a new challenge to
balance historical accuracy with the tightness, focus and accessibility
(and lack of footnotes!) of mainstream journalism, but one I certain
encourage others to pursue.

And for those that are interested, I had phenomenal support in obtaining
some of these images from the folks at the Softalk Apple Preservation
project: http://www.softalkapple.com/ <http://www.softalkapple.com/>. If
you're looking for some primary documents from the early PC era to throw at
a class, you couldn't do better than these folks.

Thanks for the circulation, Tom!

Laine Nooney
www.lainenooney.com

ISTC <http://socialcomputing.uci.edu/> @ MCC