[SIGCIS-Members] Query re. readings on global history of computing

Andrew Russell arussell at stevens.edu
Fri Dec 12 05:47:09 PST 2014

On Dec 10, 2014, at 12:31 PM, Lilly Nguyen <lillynguyen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Paul,
>
> What a great idea! I would love to see the final syllabus you put together.

Folks -

I’ll add my thanks to Paul for kicking off a great discussion, and to everyone else for all these suggestions.

As a reminder, we have a very impressive list of syllabi in the SIGCIS Syllabus Repository, available from http://sigcis.org/syllabi.  Many are for History or STS courses, but some stretch into related fields that fall under the broad SIGCIS rubric of “computers, information, and society.”

The Syllabus Repository is only as strong and up-to-date as our members make it, so please consider sending recent syllabi to Jason Gallo, the SIGCIS Vice Chair for Operations (jgallo at ida.org), who will update the Repository.

Thank you!

Andy Russell
SIGCIS Chair