[SIGCIS-Members] IBM Song Book

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Sun Aug 31 21:21:29 PDT 2014

People really need to be more careful about unearthing things like this.
 The Computer Science department at my university is talking about writing
their own songbook.  I've never been able to get them interested in
computer history, but that songbook has people all abuzz!  -- Ian

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Len Shustek <len at shustek.com> wrote:

>  At 03:32 AM 8/31/2014, Brian Randell wrote:
>
> Arstechnica has an article about, and a full copy of an 1937 edition of
> the IBM Song Book.
>
> ttp://arstechnica.com/business/2014/08/tripping-through-ibms-astonishingly-insane-1937-corporate-songbook/
> <http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/08/tripping-through-ibms-astonishingly-insane-1937-corporate-songbook/>
>

> You can hear a few of the songs at
>  http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/music/music_clips.html
> and see a 4-minute general-interest movie inspired by them, about the IBM
> culture generally, at
>  http://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/punched-cards/2/12/2211
>
> -- Len Shustek

Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS
Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School
University of Washington

Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
Set him on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.