[SIGCIS-Members] HiNC4 Call for Papers

Lars Heide lhe.mpp at cbs.dk
Tue Nov 19 11:21:22 PST 2013

Call for Papers

HiNC4,  History of Nordic Computing,
The Fourth IFIP WG 9.7 Working Conference

at  IT University,  Copenhagen,  13-15  August  2014.

Hereby we cordially invite you to submit contributions to HiNC4, where the main theme will be

The NordicWay -
Transforming the Nordic Societies through ICT Innovation
Theme
The conference concentrates on how ICT has influenced the welfare societies in the Nordic countries since the 1960ies.  The focus shall be on the new ideas, systems and solutions that helped create the welfare societies of today, organized in three sub-themes:

1.      ICT Solutions and Systems for Public Services
>From tax to social benefits, from education to health care, from police info systems to Network Centric Operations, from democracy and social inclusion to culture.
2.      ICT Solutions and Systems for the Infrastructure of the Society
>From railroads to energy, from telephone to wireless, from banking and insurance to
supply chain management.
3.      The innovation and systems Technologies behind the major milestones,
such as user centric innovation, modular programming, service orientation.