[SIGCIS-Members] Johnniac - in Memory of Willis Ware

Dag Spicer spicer at computerhistory.org
Fri Nov 29 14:56:58 PST 2013

Dear Friends,

Since Willis Ware has passed, I thought I’d pass along some links related to his work, which you might otherwise not know about.

Here is a “eulogy” to the Johnniac computer, written by Willis Ware in March 1966 at Johnniac’s decommissioning: http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/papers/2008/P3313.pdf  It’s also a useful source document in the history computing.

Johnniac lives at CHM now.  See it on online exhibit here: http://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/birth-of-the-computer/4/94

In September of 1998, CHM hosted a panel discussion on Johnniac, which included Willis Ware: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVnOCT_r3so&list=UUHDr4RtxwA1KqKGwxgdK4Vg&index=1   (Ware appears at 25:30 ff.)

Best wishes,

Dag
--
Dag Spicer