[SIGCIS-Members] Recordings of the 1976 International History of Computing Conference

Grider, Gary A ggrider at lanl.gov
Fri Nov 22 12:28:04 PST 2013

I am told by our physics library that the International History of
Computing Conference at Los Alamos in 1976 was recorded (audio).

Are others aware of these recordings?

I am attempting to recover these recordings from our library and do
something sensible with them as part of our history of computing at Los
Alamos project.
Talks by Stan Ulam, Mauchly, Burks, and dozens of others are potentially
salvageable (something like 30 hours of audio).

If someone has already restored these gems, let me know and I won't bother.

Thanks
Gary Grider
High Performance Computing Division Leader
Los Alamos National Laboratory