[SIGCIS-Members] FW: SIGCIS at the Manchester Congress

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Thu Jul 18 15:47:13 PDT 2013

[Forwarded from Jonathan Aylen]

Dear SIGCIS,

those visiting iCHSTM next week with an interest in the field of automation and industrial computing should not miss:

Christopher Bissell, Open University, United Kingdom, "Control in the Cold War: the genesis and early years of the International Federation of Automatic Control"

Part of Session T182 on "Post-Second World War Science and Technology"
In T182-A: Postwar contexts
Tuesday 23 July, 09:10–10:40

http://ichstm2013.com/programme/guide/p/0447.html

Jonathan Aylen
Manchester Institute of Innovation Research

P.S. James has indeed done a brilliant job with the organisation!