[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS lunch details from SHOT, from Bernie Carlson

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Mon Sep 17 14:51:31 PDT 2012

[Below is a message that SHOT Secretary Bernie Carlson, wc4p at virginia.edu,
has asked me to forward to SIGCIS. This includes the new arrangements for
the SIGCIS lunch, which SHOT had left off the registration form this year.
So even if you already registered for SHOT, please follow the instructions
below. Also below are the details for the one day registration option for
those only attending the Sunday SIGCIS workshop. Tom]

Dear CISSIG members,

We are much looking forward to having you participate in the SHOT meeting
coming up in Copenhagen from 4-7 October, and I want to alert you to several
aspects of the meeting.

First, the annual CISSIG lunch will be held on Friday, 5 October, from
12.30-2 PM on the campus of the Copenhagen Business School.  You will be
meeting in the Rotunda of the cafeteria of the Solbjerg Plads building.  If
you wish to attend this lunch, please email Jane Carlson
<janecarlson at ntelos.net> no later than 27 SEPTEMBER.  The charge for this
lunch will be $25 and you will need to pay for the lunch by cash or check at
the SHOT registration desk in Copenhagen.

Second, while we hope that most of you will be able to register and attend
the entire SHOT meeting, we recognize that some individuals participating in
the CISSIG workshop on Sunday may only be able to attend that day.  If you
are only participating in the Sunday workshop, then we are able to extend a
special one-day rate of $70.  To request this Sunday rate, please fill out
the regular registration form that can be downloaded from
http://www.historyoftechnology.org/copenhagen/copenhagen_registration.html
and FAX this form to Jane at 434.975.2190 by 27 SEPTEMEBER.  Indicate on the
top of the form that you are registering for Sunday and indicate $70 as the
total amount due.  Do NOT attempt to sign up for the Sunday rate using the
on-line system as there is no category for Sunday registration on the
on-line form.  If you wish, you can pay also pay for your Sunday
registration in Copenhagen by cash or check, but do let Jane know in advance
that you are requesting the Sunday rate.

Note that in order to participate in the Sunday workshop you MUST register
for either the regular SHOT meeting or the Sunday workshop; if you do not
register by 27 September, we will be obliged to drop you from the program.

Thank you for your interest in the history of technology, and please let
Jane or me know if you have any questions about this year's meeting.

Sincerely,

Bernie Carlson

SHOT Executive Secretary

SHOTsecy at virginia.edu