[SIGCIS-Members] Computer Science in Higher Education

Pierre Mounier mounier at msh-paris.fr
Fri Oct 5 08:42:30 PDT 2012

Hello  Janet,
In turn, I am very interested to know about your project. The ACM
Curriculum '68, discussed in IFIP committees, contributed to shape
computer science curricula in France and certainly in other countries.

Regarding a session at next year's SHOT/ SIGCIS, in addition to Ulf
Hashagen and Irina Nikiforova, you might contact these German authors:
- Reuse, B. & Vollmar, R. (ed.) : Informatikforschung in Deutschland.
Springer, 2008

- Pieper, C.: Hochschulinformatik in der Bundesrepublik und der DDR
bis 1989/1990. Steiner, 2009

- Wolfgang Coy: “Was ist Informatik? Zur Entstehung des Faches an den
deutschen Universitäten”. In: Hellige, H.-D. (ed.): Geschichten der
Informatik, Springer, 2004, 473-497.

[a title which predated "Histories of Computing"!]

There is also a growing scholarship in Italy, yet they are still much
concerned with hardware development or business history.
All the best,
Pierre