[SIGCIS-Members] CGI history - clarification

Marguerite B Avery mavery at MIT.EDU
Fri May 11 07:23:29 PDT 2012

Hi,

Peter Meyers kindly pointed out that CGI could be any number of things, so I will clarify: I'm looking for Computer Graphics / Computer Generated Imagery. Specifically, I'm hoping to find some people who know this history from its inception; or some very interested fans who might be willing to read portions of a manuscript on the subject. (I'm toying with the idea of posting the manuscript and allowing a smallish group of readers access to it, so that people might comment on the sections with which they are familiar. The manuscript has already undergone traditional peer review.)

I'm glad to elaborate on the subject of the manuscript or the process.

Please do let me know if you are interested or can suggest some names.

Thanks!

Margy

PS - and thanks to Peter for his suggestion

Marguerite Avery
Senior Acquisitions Editor - Information Science and
Science, Technology, & Society
The MIT Press
55 Hayward Street
Cambridge, MA 02142