[SIGCIS-Members] New Database - All Information Technology Hardware

Info @ IT History Society info at ithistory.org
Wed Mar 28 17:42:57 PDT 2012

1,692 down and over 5,000 to go!

The IT History Society is pleased to show you the official opening of our
Information Technology Hardware Database.  The purpose of the database is to
provide a single repository, or think of it as an index to access all the
Information Technology equipment ever manufactured.  Almost 1,700 devices
have been entered into the database and we have several thousand to go.  We
are adding between 40 to 60 new entries per day.   By the end of this year
or early in 2013, we expect the database to be fairly complete.

The database, a work in process, is located
http://www.ithistory.org/hardware/hardware-name.php   Please take a look; we
are confident you will see some old memories.

We can also use your help.  If you have some hardware memories and
experiences that are not in the database, please fill out an online form to
submit your entry at http://www.ithistory.org/hardware/hardware-form.php
If you too busy to fill out the form, just send us the name of the hardware
to: info at ithistory.org
<file:///C:\Users\David%20G.%20Arscott\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tempo
rary%20Internet%20Files\Content.Outlook\1AHLMSG9\info at ithistory.org> .

Coming soon will be our new databases for both IT companies and software.

Any comments?  We would appreciate hearing from you.

Please join the IT History Society, if you have not already done so.
Membership is free.  Tell a friend or associate too.

Also, please have your friends join at
http://www.ithistory.org/membership/member-form.php

The IT History Society is supported by donations from its members.  If you
wish to donate, please do so at http://www.ithistory.org/about/donate.php

Thank you.

The IT History Society is committed to supporting the preservation of our
Information Technology "Past" as a springboard for and a better
understanding of our future.  The IT History Society databases are meant to
be a 'table of contents' and 'glossary' of where information technology
history is located around the world.

IT History Society

One Blackfield Drive - Suite 331

Tiburon, CA 94920

(415) 435-2263

 <mailto:info at ITHistory.org> info at ITHistory.org

 <http://www.ithistory.org/> www.ITHistory.org

Sm logo dropEnsuring the Future by Preserving the Past

 <http://www.twitter.com/ithistoryorg> twitter
<http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/It-History-Society/143799552346273>
find-us-on-facebook