[SIGCIS-Members] "The Hunger Games" Exposes the Myth of Technological Progress

Nathan Ensmenger nathan at ischool.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 26 11:03:56 PDT 2012

On Mar 26, 2012, at 12:57 PM, Marie Hicks wrote:

> The article by Janet's reporter contact with quotes from Joline, Eden,
> Bernie, and me has been picked up by a bunch of blogs and news
> aggregators, including the Huffington Post and Discovery News:

It is nice to finally see a decent piece of journalism being picked up and repeated!

I only just noticed that Jeremy Hsu, the author of the original article, is a graduate of the History & Sociology of Science department at the University of Pennsylvania and a former student of mine.  See, there is a role for undergraduate programs in the history of science and technology!

-Nathan

--
Nathan Ensmenger
School of Information