[SIGCIS-Members] "The Hunger Games" Exposes the Myth of Technological Progress

Marie Hicks mhicks1 at iit.edu
Mon Mar 26 10:57:44 PDT 2012

Hi All,

The article by Janet's reporter contact with quotes from Joline, Eden,
Bernie, and me has been picked up by a bunch of blogs and news
aggregators, including the Huffington Post and Discovery News:

http://news.discovery.com/tech/hunger-games-technology-progress-myth-120325.
html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/hunger-games-myth-technology_n_1376
218.html

(And I still haven't seen the movie...)

Best,

Marie
Marie Hicks, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of History of Technology
Lewis Department of the Humanities
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago, IL
mhicks1 at iit.edu