[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS in Boston Magazine profile of "email inventor"

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Fri Jun 1 19:43:42 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

SIGCIS and our recent role in discussion of the "inventor of email" incident
are written about in the recently published Boston Magazine article "Return
to Sender" by Janelle Nanos. She follows the default journalistic "report
the controversy" angle, which in my view can be a disservice to readers in a
case like this.

Anyway, some interesting updates there. SIGCIS is defined as "a sort of
Internet cabal within the Society for the History of Technology" which is
certainly a colorful definition.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/2012/05/shiva-ayyaduri-email-us-posta
l-service/