[SIGCIS-Members] Tom Kurtz / History of BASIC / VCF East

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Sun Jan 8 02:07:23 PST 2012

Hi all,

Vintage Computer Festival East 8.0 is May 5-6, 2012, at the InfoAge Science Center (officially it's "Information Age Science History Learning Center and Museum" ... sadly that decision was left to a committee of non-historians) in Wall, New Jersey.

Dr. Thomas Kurtz, who (co-)invented BASIC while at Dartmouth in 1964, will be our keynote speaker for the first day. He's on at noon.

We hope to announce the second day's keynote speaker and other event details soon (other lectures, hands-on workshops, exhibitors, etc.)

- Evan