[SIGCIS-Members] Email inventor: Help me set the record straight for the WP

Marie Hicks mhicks1 at iit.edu
Tue Feb 28 14:06:20 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

Tom, that's great news. For what it's worth (and perhaps others here
can chime in with their thoughts), I'd say that keeping the milestones
to 4 would probably serve our side of the story better. Short and
sweet points of historical information that support an easily
graspable overall thesis will grab the casual reader.

I'd also like to resist the urge to go on a credential hunt--I think
that quibbling with Ayyadurai's formal title at MIT will only detract
from the points we'd like to see the public absorb.

If you'd like a second pair of eyes on the piece, I'd be happy to
help. Indeed, maybe we, as a group, could offer a vetting of the piece
if you're comfortable with making it into a collaborative SIGCIS
endeavor over the list. Not only might it give the resulting piece
more weight (to be signed by the main collective of historians on
computing history) but it would also be a great way to further enhance
the SIGCIS's public exposure.

Best,

Marie
Marie Hicks, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of History of Technology
Lewis Department of the Humanities
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago, IL
mhicks1 at iit.edu