[SIGCIS-Members] Email was invented by a school boy in 1978 says Washington Post & Time Magazine

Al Kossow kossow at computerhistory.org
Wed Feb 22 09:05:44 PST 2012

Newspapers exist to gather eyeballs for advertisers. The absurdity and
self-promotion of this Œinventor¹ served the purpose of attracting attention
and Œbuzz¹, which seems to have been the point all along from the
newspaper¹s point of view. Anyone being interviewed by the press should keep
this in mind and try to find out pretty quickly what the reporter¹s desired
Œspin¹ is on a story is, and plan your response or rebuttal to his position
accordingly.