[SIGCIS-Members] New book: Turing's Cathedral (March 6)

Dag Spicer spicer at computerhistory.org
Wed Feb 1 09:56:28 PST 2012

New book coming out: Turing's Cathedral by George Dyson.

I have read an advance copy and can *highly* recommend this book to SIGCIS members.  It focuses on JVN and the IAS work, in particular the applications that were run (which seems a welcome insight given that most history seems to focus on hardware).

Read more: http://www.amazon.com/Turings-Cathedral-Origins-Digital-Universe/dp/0375422773/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328117319&sr=1-1  (to br released March 6).

Also, CHM will be hosting Dyson for a conversation about Turing's Cathedral on March 7, at the Museum's Hahn Auditorium.

Read more:http://www.computerhistory.org/events/#turings-cathedral-author-george-dyson

The event will be videotaped and I will send out a link to the recording as soon as it becomes available.

Warm regards,

Dag

--
Dag Spicer |  Senior Curator |  Computer History Museum
Editorial Board  |  Annals of the History of Computing

Revolution:  The First 2000 Years of Computing
Visit in person or online!  http://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/

Twitter: @ComputerHistory
FB: facebook.com/computerhistory