[SIGCIS-Members] SHOT 2012 - Early Registration Ending Tomorrow

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Thu Aug 30 23:19:05 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

A reminder that early registration for SHOT 2012 must be done by 1
September. After that it gets $20 more expensive - and why spend $20 more
than you have to?

Conference details at
http://www.historyoftechnology.org/copenhagen/copenhagen_meeting.html
SHOT Registration at
http://www.historyoftechnology.org/copenhagen/copenhagen_registration.html.
Now includes online option!
SIGCIS Sunday workshop draft program at
http://www.sigcis.org/workshop12/schedule.

There will be more information soon about the SIGCIS lunch on the Friday of
the meeting. It turns out that something went wrong earlier and the
arrangement made by SHOT for our lunch was unworkable. The good news is that
SHOT and the local organizers doing the necessary work needed to fix this
problem so everything should be fine. Once arrangements are settled everyone
who registers for the meeting will receive an email asking them to contact
SHOT if they are interested in taking part in our lunch. It will be catered
as usual, with a fixed charge to be collected from you when you arrive at
the meeting and collect your badge and other materials. As usual we will
subsidize the cost for graduate students. We will also publicize the lunch
details via this list.

Unlike the SIGCIS lunch, our Sunday workshop is on the SHOT registration
form, and carries no additional charge. If you are attending the workshop
but not the rest of SHOT then there will be a special one day registration
option at lower cost. Contact SHOT2012 at virginia.edu for details on this.