[SIGCIS-Members] Need a chair for SHOT main conference session

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Sun Sep 25 10:03:38 PDT 2011

Hello SIGCIS members,

Here's your chance to get on the program for the main SHOT meeting, November
3-6 in Cleveland.

We need a volunteer to chair the session below. Email me if you are
interested. Ideally we'd give to slot to someone who is not already coming
to the meeting to broaden participation, but SHOT allows people to chair who
are already speaking in another session.

To get it correctly into the printed booklet I need a name by the end of
Monday - I just remembered the need for this when I received a reminder from
Jane Carlson. Meeting details here:
http://www.historyoftechnology.org/annual_meeting.html. Early bird SHOT
registration finishes Oct 1 and must be made by fax or mail:
http://www.historyoftechnology.org/pdf/2011_registration_form.pdf. If you
come to SHOT you can also come to our wonderful SIGCIS workshop the next
day: http://www.sigcis.org/workshop11.

Tom

Saturday, 5 November

8:30 AM - 10:00 AM

Coded Narratives: Memory, Practice and Community in the History of Software

Sponsored by the SIG on Computers, Information, and Society

Organizer:                                 Thomas Haigh (University of
Wisconsin, Milwaukee)

Chair:                                         CHAIR NEEDED

Commentator:                           Thomas Haigh (University of
Wisconsin, Milwaukee)

Irina Nikiforova (Georgia Institute of Technology) [Robinson Prize
Candidate]: ACM and Turing Prize Scientists: Defining the Art and Science of
Computing, 1947-2008

Hansen Hsu (Cornell University) [Robinson Prize Candidate]: NeXT History and
Cocoa Community Memory

Joline Zepcevski (University of Minnesota) [Robinson Prize Candidate]:
Complexity, Verification and the Rise of Object Oriented Programming