[SIGCIS-Members] SHOT: Online Directory Entires & Registration

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Mon Oct 17 13:39:48 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

It's that "two weeks to SHOT" time of year again. I'm looking forward to
seeing many of you again, and to meeting some members for the first time.
Look for more messages in the near future, including those summarizing
material related to IT history at the SHOT meeting and the collocated 4S and
HSS gatherings.

One of the things we do is to collect the entries from our online directory
at http://www.sigcis.org/members for everyone who we know is attending SHOT.
These are printed in the SIGCIS booklet, as a way of helping people get
together and of streamlining the lunch meeting so that only new members need
introduce themselves verbally to the group.

So please take a moment to check that your directory entry is still
accurate, and to login and make any necessary updates. Some are rather
minimalist, speak of events in 2007 in the present tense, etc.

Another point: if you are coming to our full day Sunday workshop and have
not yet registered for SHOT then the deadline is Friday. Details at
http://www.sigcis.org/workshop11. One day registration is $70, for those not
attending the full meeting.

If you want to attend the SIGCIS workshop but aren't presenting at it then
you can come to the workshop (and other SHOT sessions) without registering
as long as you have registered for 4S or HSS. However, in this case we will
have no record that you plan to attend. So if you registered for one of the
other collocated meetings but are coming to the workshop then please let me
know so that we add you to the email list for last minute announcements,
submit an accurate count for our coffee break needs, etc.