[SIGCIS-Members] Collection of free IEEE Annals articles for SHOT -- limited time

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Thu Nov 17 07:53:24 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

Sorting my papers from the recent SHOT conference I came across an insert
from IEEE Annals of the History of Computing explaining that outgoing editor
Jeff Yost had put together a special package of six recent articles to
highlight the journal's "high quality content" to the broader history of
technology community.

They are available for a limited time at
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/shot-11. Five of the six
authors chosen are active SIGCIS members, and three are current or former
officers of the SIG.

There is also a link for SHOT members to subscribe to Annals at a 25%
discount to the regular $47 price for nonmembers:
https://newton.computer.org/sssubs.nsf/application?openform&promocode=annals
&disc=annals-shot11.

If you are at a university your institution probably has online access to
Annals via the IEEE Digital Library. However a changing selection of Annals
articles is always available free online, with other interesting material at
the "Computing Then" part of the IEEE CS website:
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingthen.