[SIGCIS-Members] Computer history library in New Jersey

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Mon May 9 23:36:13 PDT 2011

As part of the Vintage Computer Festival East 7.0 (this weekend - May
14-15), MARCH (Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists) will debut part
of its computer history library.

The collection includes full (well, mostly full) runs of the first few
years of Byte, Compute, Creative Computing, Dr. Dobb's Journal, SCCS
Interface, Interface Age, Kilobaud, and more. We also have the early
years of the People's Computer Company newsletter, anthologies of the
early years of the West Coast Computer Faire, a large number of
machine-specific publications, and early issues of various user group
newsletters (some on CD). We also have hundreds of computer books (and
related topics) from the 1940s-1980s and a vast assortment of technical
manuals and user guides.

Our full library will be organized later this year.  It will be a
reading / research library, not a lending library, except by special
permission.