[SIGCIS-Members] CFP, UK workshop on Information Concepts, Deadline June 17

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Mon May 9 13:54:44 PDT 2011

Good point. I've never visited Bletchley Park, but had vaguely imagined it
to be somewhere in rolling countryside rather than associating it with an
urban area. There is now a computing museum there:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_National_Museum_of_Computing.

Lest I be accused of being too hard on Milton Keynes, I should point out
that (according to Wikipedia) it is also home to the National Bowl, a
theatre, several music venues, multiple choirs, several professional sports
teams, and "In 1981, the main shopping area in the town centre was used as
the filming location for the music video to Cliff Richard's hit Wired for
Sound." Also "the only unaltered building by the architect and physicist
Robert Hooke."

Tom