[SIGCIS-Members] Last chance for a SIGCIS panel for SHOT

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Fri Mar 11 13:51:15 PST 2011

Hello,

organized/sponsored panel for the main SHOT conference (see
http://sigcis.org/pipermail/members/2011-February/053632.html) I had
received several replies. Some seem to fit nicely into a possible panel.

There's also an "orphan" that didn't fit with the proposals so far received:
"Complexity, Verification and the rise of Object Oriented Programming."

So I promised I would circulate another call, to see if maybe there are
other possible papers that could be joined with this one to make a
thematically related panel proposal. That might be relevant with other
papers on practice, software, relationship of tools to metal models of the
world, etc.

In other news: I don't want to spam people with my personal life, but we
were joined by a new baby as scheduled two weeks ago, and those who are
interested can see the evidence at
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=289153&id=592754290&l=b1d33e4964.