[SIGCIS-Members] 50th anniversary of CTSS

Dave Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 17:37:03 PDT 2011

In the spring of fifty years ago this year, work started on MIT's
highly influential Compatible Time Sharing System.  The system then
was first demonstrated in November of that year.

Some of you may be interested in a CTSS commemorative document that a
couple of us of recently compiled; see item #5 at
     <http://www.computer.org/portal/web/volunteercenter/history>http://www.computer.org/portal/web/volunteercenter/history

This commemorative document is intended to be popular overview of the
history of CTSS, not a scholarly report.  We may put out an update
with new information we receive post initial publication.  (We
certainly will update the PDF to fix any typos that anyone
spots.)  If you have any comments on this document, perhaps send them
off list to my email address below so other list members don't have
to see messages in which they are not interested.

Sincerely, Dave Walden
dave.walden.family at gmail.com