[SIGCIS-Members] Help finding a NORAD presentation on SAGE?

Paul Edwards pne at umich.edu
Thu Jun 16 07:15:46 PDT 2011

Computer historians (and Les) -

I'm trying to hunt down high-res copies of some slides from a NORAD or DoD presentation on SAGE, created circa 1960. At some point I had a file containing all of these, but I cannot figure out where it's gone.

A few of these slides are attached - all of them have this same distinctive look. I believe there are about 25 slides in the set. (if the attachment doesn't come through, download them at http://pne.people.si.umich.edu/PPT/temp.pptx)

Simple web searching and image searching isn't bringing it up. Dag Spicer has hunted through the archives of the Computer History Museum and can't find it either.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated!

- Paul

—————————————————
Paul N. Edwards, Professor of Information and History
Director, UM Program on Science, Technology & Society
A Vast Machine: Computer Models, Climate Data, and the Politics of Global Warming (MIT Press, 2010)

Terse replies are deliberate (and better than nothing)

3439 North Quad
105 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285
(734) 764-2617 (office)