[SIGCIS-Members] a few comments regarding copyright

James Sumner james.sumner at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Feb 28 13:43:45 PST 2011

Thanks for sharing these with the list, Bernard.

It's worth emphasising that the "fair use" concept, as focused on by the
three sources linked below, is very specific to the United States.
Britain, Canada and other Commonwealth countries have various different
sets of provisions known as "fair dealing", which tend to be similar to
US "fair use" but not as lenient.

Best
James