[SIGCIS-Members] Self-introduction

Federico Gobbo federico.gobbo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 05:30:14 PDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

just a brief note in order to introduce myself to the mailing list.
My name is Federico Gobbo and I currently belong to the University of Insubria,
Varese, Italy. The last academic year I was a Privatdozent in History of
Computing in my University, after being a tutor in Computing and Philosophy
during my PhD years.

Delving into the history of ideas at the foundation of Computer Science
I developed an interest in the intertwining between the history of philosophy,
logics, mathematics, computation and the birth of the discipline.

I feel that mostly philosophy of computing neglets the historical aspects, thus
I proposed a different point of view about nowadays popular topics such as
the impact of web 2.0 technologies – in particular social networks – and new
technologies of writing (blogs, wikis, etc.).

In general, I think I will read (and learn) your messages in the mailing list,
so thank you all for your kind attention.

Best regards,

Federico Gobbo
--
http://federicogobbo.name