[SIGCIS-Members] New member- about Al Kossow

Al Kossow kossow at computerhistory.org
Sat Sep 4 13:54:04 PDT 2010

Hello all,

Having just joined this email list, I am obeying the request to post a brief
paragraph about myself.

I am the Robert N. Miner Software Curator at the Computer History Museum, a
position that I have held since 2006. Previously, I was a Senior Software
Engineer with Apple Computer from 1986 through 2005. My interests include
digital preservation, software archaeology, history of computing, history of
systems engineering, and trying to convince the world that preserving
software is important.  I also created and maintain bitsavers.org, which is
one of the largest on-line archives of historic computer hardware and
software documentation in the world.