[SIGCIS-Members] SHOT Panels -- last chance

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Mon Mar 15 15:53:47 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

Looking at what has come in so far, we are in need of extra proposals in the
following areas to help get us to possible three person panels:

.         "International Perspective on the History of Computing"

.         "Reconsidering the History of the Internet"

The Internet idea might be part of or in addition to Andrew Burtica's
suggestion of a join SHOT/Mercurians panel. I'll try to coordinate with him
on this topic.

Again, this is for the main conference so SIGCIS panel proposals would go
through a review process within SHOT and would not be guaranteed acceptance.

There's just two weeks left to the deadline, so I'll make decisions on the
possible panels based on what we have by Wednesday.