[SIGCIS-Members] References on computer hobbyists, user periodicals etc.

Jaakko Suominen jaasuo at utu.fi
Wed Jun 9 08:10:34 PDT 2010

Theodore Lekkas wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking for references on the history of computer hobbyists, home
> computer user groups, home computer publications.
> Any suggestions from the members of the list would be most welcomed.

Dear Theodore,

See e.g. the following article:
Saarikoski, Petri & Suominen, Jaakko: “Computer Hobbyists and the Gaming
Industry in Finland.” /IEEE Annals of the History of Computing/
July-September 2009 (vol. 31 no. 3), pp. 20-33.
[http://www2.computer.org/portal/web/csdl/doi/10.1109/MAHC.2009.39]

All the best, Jaakko Suominen (PhD, professor of digital culture,
University of Turku, Finland, http://www.tuug.fi/~jaakko/)