[SIGCIS-Members] Conference - From Practice to Results in Logic and Mathematics, Nancy (France), June 21-23, 2010

Sandra Mols sandramols at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 05:35:27 PDT 2010

Apologies for crossposting

Dear colleagues

Please find enclosed information regarding the forthcoming conference "From Practice to Results in Logic and Mathematics", which is to take place on June 21-23 in Nancy, France.

This conference is not a computing conference and will include papers coming mostly from philosophy.

Still some of you may find it interesting in relation to some papers related to Turing and also to the so-called field of 'experimental mathematics' in which activities are partly made of making proofs using computer systems...

Detailed information on the conference can be found from the following weblinks:
Booklet: http://filex.univ-nancy2.fr/recup?k=5wl5UP1IEALcOqHlgVx
Poster: http://filex.univ-nancy2.fr/recup?k=FVZN9mL1JMeEF0FdlQz

Registration (free of charge) is now open through the following link: http://www.univ-nancy2.fr/poincare/colloques/formulaires/form_fprlm2010.html.

Hoping that this will be of interest and possibly to meeting you at the event,

With best regards

Sandra Mols

"I do not like experts [...] They are our goalers. [...] Experts are addicts. They solve nothing! They serve whatever system hires them. They perpetuate it. When we are tortured, we shall be tortured by experts. When we are hanged, experts will hang us. Did you not read what I wrote? When the world is destroyed, it will be destroyed not by its madmen but by the sanity of its experts and the superior ignorance of its bureaucrats." Yakov Saveleyev, The Russia House by John le Carré, 1990