[Members] CBI --> finding guide to Mahoney papers
tmisa at umn.edu
Thu Jul 29 14:34:51 PDT 2010
We were pleased and honored when Jean Mahoney gave Mike's books, papers, and archival collection to CBI. And we are more than happy to have completed a finding guide to the collection and can announce that it is open for research.
Mike, as you all know, was a scholar of unusual depth and breadth. "Papers contain 38 boxes of Michael S. Mahoney's collection of books and serials related to the history of computing, mathematics, and related fields. The collection also includes 17 boxes of Mahoney's archival materials, including course work, subject files, and publication drafts." There are extensive primary resources on theoretical computer science, including French and German titles.
Here are just a tiny sample of items that caught my eye:
* Zassenhaus, Hans. The Theory of Groups, 1949
* Svoboda, Antonin. Computing Mechanisms and Linkages, 1964
* Shera, Jesse Hauk, 1903-1982. Information Resources: A Challenge to American Science and Industry, 1958
* Turing Lectures, 1966-1987.
* Software Engineering, 1972-1996
* Relational Databases, 1976-2007
* Program Correctness, 1966-2002
Please contact Stephanie Crowe <horow021 at umn.edu>, CBI's archivist, with any questions --- on this or other CBI collections.
Best, Tom Misa
More information about the Members