[SIGCIS-Members] Query: Babel metaphor

Thomas Misa tmisa at umn.edu
Wed Feb 10 07:02:47 PST 2010

CBI has the archival records of the HOPL conference as well as Alan
Perlis's papers.  Might well be some clues for a researcher there!  ---
Tom

http://purl.umn.edu/41304

Alan J. Perlis Papers, 1942-1989
Dates: 1942-1989
Creator: Perlis, Alan J.
Extent: 6 boxes (4.5 cubic feet)
Language: English
Collection Number: CBI 64
Abstract: Collection contains correspondence, class handouts, lecture
notes and visual aids, published articles and reports, subject files,
audio tapes and videotapes relating to Perlis' work in computer
science education, programming languages, and compiler programs.

http://purl.umn.edu/40668
History of Programming Languages Conference Records, 1959, 1972-1993.
Finding Aid.
Title: History of Programming Languages Conference, 1978, Los Angeles,
California records
Dates: 1959, 1972-1993
Creator: History of Programming Languages Conference (1978 : Los
Angeles, Calif.)
Extent: 10 boxes (8 cubic feet)
Language: English
Collection Number: CBI 19
Abstract: Collection contains correspondence, reports, draft
presentations, newspaper clippings, notes, memoranda, National Science
Foundation grant records, publicity materials, and mailing lists
relating to the planning and organization of the conference. Also
includes conference proceedings in the form of black-and-white video
cassettes, reel-to-reel and cassette audio recordings, black-and-white
photographs, slides, transcripts of presentations, preprints of
papers, and book drafts.