[SIGCIS-Members] software history/historiography?

julie hugsted jhugsted at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 07:50:13 PDT 2010

Hello fellow sigcis'ers,

I currently work on a speech for the Danish Society for the History of
Technology. My working title is 'Software - the historical study of an
immaterial technology', and I attempt to a) give an introduction to
the field, software history, and b) discuss the challenges of working
with software history.

I know of this very comprehensive bibliography of software history
(http://www.cbi.umn.edu/research/shbib.pdf - thanks to those who made
it!!) and I think that I have an overall good overview of the
litterature on the subject.

Nervetheless, I figure that some of you might have a favourite
article, a must-read suggestion or have just worked with the matter of
software history and historiographical challenges? If this is the
case, please, do not hesitate to send me suggestions for further
reading, - I prefer a suggestion that I might already have thought of,
than no suggestion at all!

Thank you very much, have a joyfull Monday

The best regards

Julie