[SIGCIS-Members] History of Nordic Computing – HiNC3 + a new arrticle

Petri Paju petpaju at utu.fi
Fri Aug 20 01:20:58 PDT 2010

All,

let me add they have added a list of accepted papers in the conference
website, see a link in http://dsv.su.se/en/hinc3/program

Second thing,
here's a new comp hist publication in a less obvious journal:

Paju, Petri & Durnová, Helena: “Computing Close to the Iron Curtain:
Inter/national Computing Practices in Czechoslovakia and Finland.”
Comparative Technology Transfer and Society. December 2009, vol. 7, no.
3 issue.

See:
http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/comparative_technology_transfer_and_society/v007/7.3.paju.html

Best,
Petri

julie hugsted wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As far as I can see, nothing has been posted about History of Nordic
> Computing – HiNC3 since the call for papers in February. - If I missed
> a reminder, my apologies for spamming old news.
>
> Best regards
>
> Julie
>
> From the website http://dsv.su.se/en/hinc3/
>
> 3rd IFIP WG9.7 Working Conference on History of Nordic Computing,
> Stockholm 18 – 20 October 2010
>
>  The Third IFIP WG 9.7 Working Conference on History of Nordic
> Computing will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, 18-20 October 2010.
> The first and second conferences on the history of Nordic computing,
> organized in Trondheim (2003) and Turku (2007) respectively, were very
> successful and acquired a great deal of interest from information and
> communication technology (ICT) professionals and academics as well as
> from historians of technology. Therefore, these conferences will now
> be followed by a third one, which will take place in Stockholm,
> October 2010. The conference will also honour the successful
> completion of a project on Swedish ICT history. Called “From Computing
> Machines to IT”, the Swedish Computer Society initiated the project
> with the support of the Division of History of Science and Technology
> at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and the National Museum of
> Science and Technology.

Petri Paju, tutkijatohtori, Turun yliopisto
-- Ph.D. Researcher, Univ. of Turku
http://users.utu.fi/petpaju/