[SIGCIS-Members] History of Nordic Computing – HiNC3

julie hugsted jhugsted at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 16:09:55 PDT 2010

Hello all,

As far as I can see, nothing has been posted about History of Nordic
Computing – HiNC3 since the call for papers in February. - If I missed
a reminder, my apologies for spamming old news.

Best regards

Julie

>From the website http://dsv.su.se/en/hinc3/

3rd IFIP WG9.7 Working Conference on History of Nordic Computing,
Stockholm 18 – 20 October 2010

 The Third IFIP WG 9.7 Working Conference on History of Nordic
Computing will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, 18-20 October 2010.
The first and second conferences on the history of Nordic computing,
organized in Trondheim (2003) and Turku (2007) respectively, were very
successful and acquired a great deal of interest from information and
communication technology (ICT) professionals and academics as well as
from historians of technology. Therefore, these conferences will now
be followed by a third one, which will take place in Stockholm,
October 2010. The conference will also honour the successful
completion of a project on Swedish ICT history. Called “From Computing
Machines to IT”, the Swedish Computer Society initiated the project
with the support of the Division of History of Science and Technology
at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and the National Museum of
Science and Technology.