[SIGCIS-Members] Three faculty positions @ the UM School of Information

Paul Edwards pne at umich.edu
Wed Oct 21 06:04:46 PDT 2009

All - none of these is a history of technology or computing job per
se, but both the open position and the Digital Humanities position
could be a fit for the right person.

Please forward widely, and publish in journals or newsletters as
appropriate.

- Paul N. Edwards

Faculty Position Postings
2009-10 Faculty Search Assistant/Associate/Full Professor

The School of Information at the University of Michigan seeks three
(3) outstanding faculty candidates. One position is open to candidates
at any level of seniority and in any area that complements and extends
our existing strengths. The other two candidates are targeted hires
which are part of the University of Michigan Interdisciplinary Junior
Faculty Initiative. For each of the targeted hires, other
collaborating units on campus are also hiring in related areas.

One targeted position is in Digital Environments. For that position,
we seek someone whose research and teaching interests are at the
intersection of digital arts and humanities, digital literacies, and
social computing. Research foci should involve arts and humanities
scholarship, scholars, or content and can be in a variety of areas,
such as (but not limited to) virtual collaboration, credibility, and/
or digital curation. This position is at the assistant professor level.

A second targeted position is in Information and Communication
Technology for Development (ICT4D). For that position, we seek someone
with research and teaching interests including some combination of
information system design, computer-supported cooperative work,
environmental informatics, communication studies, development policy
and sociology, anthropology, and/or a related field applicable to the
design and study of information systems for developing-world contexts.
This position is at the assistant professor level.

For the open position, we aspire to establish and reinforce areas of
excellence and seek faculty whose research interests complement and
extend our existing strengths. This position is open rank.

For more information or to apply for one of these positions, please
see the UM School of Information Faculty Position Postings website.