[SIGCIS-Members] Last Chance for SIGCIS Workshop Sign-up

Jeffrey D. Tang tangjd at jmu.edu
Thu Oct 1 20:20:09 PDT 2009

SIGCIS members,

This is a final reminder about the first SIGCIS Workshop, to be held Sunday, October 18 in Pittsburgh, PA at the SHOT conference hotel.  We have a full and exciting program covering a range of topics in the history of computing (http://www.sigcis.org/files/SIGCIS%202009%20Workshop%20Schedule%20--%202009-09-11.pdf).  Registration for the SIGCIS workshop has no additional charge beyond that for the main SHOT meeting.

If you want to attend but haven't yet registered, please e-mail me at secretary at sigcis.org as soon as possible.  Also, please indicate whether you would like to join us for informal meals at local restaurants on Sunday (indicate lunch, dinner, or both, along with any preferences for style of restaurant and price range) and whether you will be present for afternoon coffee.

The SIGCIS Workshop is technically part of the SHOT meeting, so if you haven't registered for the main SHOT conference you will need to do so.  If you are planning on attending ONLY the SIGCIS Workshop, SHOT is offering a very reasonable $30 one-day rate (ONLY available to those attending for a single day -- all others need the normal, full registration), though this is not listed on SHOT's registration form.  (This one-day rate will also be available on-site at the conference.)

We are currently finalizing our arrangements for the Workshop, so if you haven't yet registered but want to do so, please let me know ASAP.

We look forward to seeing many of you in Pittsburgh.

Cheers,
Jeffrey Tang
SIGCIS Secretary

Dr. Jeffrey Tang
Asst. Prof. of Integrated Science and Technology (ISAT)
Coordinator, Minor in Science, Technology, and Society
James Madison University
800 South Main St.     MSC 4102     Harrisonburg, VA  22807
Phone: 540-568-2758     E-mail: tangjd at jmu.edu