[SIGCIS-Members] About: Mai Sugimoto

Mai Sugimoto nix.pura at gmail.com
Thu May 28 12:50:18 PDT 2009

Dear Sigcis members,

I joined the list several months ago but I did not introduce myself
yet, so I would like to do it now:

I am Mai Sugimoto, a Ph.D student of Kyoto University in Japan. I have
been studying about Claude Shannon, and recently I began to do
research about Calvin Mooers. I would like to reassess the achievement
of Shannon. Also I am interested in what electorical engineering
people thought about "information" during 1940s and 1950s. Now I am
doing my dissertation research at Charles Babbage Institute till the
end of this August.

Best,
Mai Sugimoto

-----
Mai Sugimoto
Ph.D Student, Program of Philosophy and History of Science,
Kyoto University, Japan
nix.pura at gmail.com