[SIGCIS-Members] IT history at BSHS 2009

James Sumner james.sumner at manchester.ac.uk
Wed May 27 00:05:10 PDT 2009

Dear listmembers

The annual conference of the British Society for the History of Science
is in Leicester at the beginning of July. Not so much computing or IT as
in 2008 (and I have my eighteenth-century hat on this time), but you may
wish to note Session 11 on technologies and users, featuring Tom Lean
and Ian Martin, and Sandra Mols in Session 8. More generally, the
twentieth century is particularly well represented this year.

Anyone interested should note that the deadline for reduced-rate
registration is very close (Saturday 30 June).

---
The 2009 BSHS Annual Conference will take place at Stamford Hall,
University of Leicester, from Thursday 2 - Saturday 5 July 2009. The
conference programme includes parallel themed sessions, plenary
lectures, education and outreach activities, and a conference dinner at
the National Space Centre.

Full details, including provisional programme and online registration
form, are available at
<http://www.bshs.org.uk/conferences/annual-conference/2009-leicester>.
---

Best