[SIGCIS-Members] About: Carolyn Kane

Carolyn Kane clk267 at nyu.edu
Tue May 26 12:49:25 PDT 2009

Dear Sigcis,

I have just joined the list and I would like to introduce myself:

Carolyn Lee Kane is a PhD Candidate in the Department of Media,
Culture, and Communication at New York University where she is
currently writing her dissertation on “Synthetic Color: Electronic
Signal Processing & The Reconfiguration of Perception at the End of
the Twentieth Century.” This project investigates the role of
electronic, computer generated color in electronic art made from the
post-war period through the present. Her research fields include
philosophy, aesthetics, and new media history and theory. For more information:
https://files.nyu.edu/clk267/public/

Best,
Carolyn

--
Carolyn Lee Kane
PhD Candidate Media, Culture, and Communication
clk267 at nyu.edu
https://files.nyu.edu/clk267/public/